About Helping Hands
The Helping Hands Committee provides JLEP members with opportunities to respond to immediate community needs and increases JLEP’s visibility in the community.
Recent projects include:
- Sponsored a toiletry drive to benefit Saint Joseph’s of Elizabeth and provided over 75 toiletry bags for the local homeless community
- Collected and assembled backpacks and school supplies in August and prepared Easter baskets in April for children and their siblings under the care of Emmanuel Cancer Foundation.
- Participated in two sandwich making events with new community partner United Methodist Church of Cranford, benefitting St Joseph Social Service Center.
- Assembled 60 Totes for Kids care packages for YWCA Union County, an organization supporting female victims of domestic abuse.
- Adopted the kitchen of the new Roots and Wings apartment by providing all kitchen items and stocking the pantry, as well as attending the apartment warming party.
- Provided “Birthday in a Bag” for Roots and Wings clients to help celebrate their birthdays with a gift and assorted birthday items.
- Built a Lego wall and held a journal drive for Imagine, Center for Coping With Loss.
- Made dozens of hot meals for those in need through Cranford Family Cares